Alix Desulme has an outstanding record of public service and prides himself on his dedication to his community. Alix grew up in North Miami. Alix was born in Arcahaie, Haiti on December 5, 1977. He migrated to Westbury, New York at the age of 7 where Alix attended Elementary School. He attended middle school in North Miami when his family relocated in 1993.
Alix is a certified teacher, a small business owner and an Adjunct Professor. In 2001, at the age of 23 years old, Alix established Alix Desulme & Associates, Inc. (ADA), Marketing and Public Relations firm based in North Miami, Florida. Alix is an innovative leader with an extensive background in Management, Public Relations, and Community Outreach.
For almost ten (10) years, as a small business owner Alix created jobs and opportunities for local families. A partial list of ADA’s clients includes Western Union, The Children’s Trust, Miami-Dade Expressway Authority, Florida Department of Transportation, SogeXpress, Food Express, Florida Department of Health to name a few.
Alix champions for children and youth causes; and he has taught with the Miami-Dade County Public school system for almost two decades. He loves interacting with young minds and works tirelessly driving the necessary changes for students to compete in a global world.
Alix earned a Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Leadership (concentration in Marketing) and a Master of Science in Exceptional Student Education (ESE) from St. Thomas University, in Miami Gardens, Florida. Currently, Alix is pursuing a doctoral degree in Educational Leadership focusing on Transformative Leadership at the University of New England.
In a 2009 city-wide election, Alix made history. He was elected City Clerk of the City of North Miami. He was the first Black to serve in this capacity for the City of North Miami. Alix held the distinction of the youngest and the first Haitian-American elected City Clerk in the United States of America.
As the Elected City Clerk for the City of North Miami, Alix found and secured support and funding from local politicians, businesses and school board members for NoMi Kids & Democracy. It was a program designed to teach students about citizenship, civic involvement, local government and our electoral process through experimentation.
NoMi Kids & Democracy gave students opportunities in public schools to run for school-wide offices and campaign for elections. This process culminated in students voting in REAL voting booths. NoMi Kids & Democracy focused on leadership skills with follow-up workshops to lead in the school and the real world. Alix championed causes for youth that made them and the community-at-large better all-around through innovative solutions – with a real-world, applicable feel.
Alix was committed to improving the City Clerk’s Office by making it the most technologically savvy, user-friendly and efficient City Clerk’s Office in North Miami’s history. During his tenure as City Clerk, he computerized all documents so the public could have quicker access to public documents. Within months in office, Alix moved the City Clerk Office into the technology age, making it: faster, easier, and more efficient for taxpayers to access services. By staying current with the technology that became available, it assured the preservation of the City’s’ documents and legal records.
On Tuesday June 2, 2015 Municipal Election, Alix was elected to the North Miami City Council representing the West portion of the City of North Miami. (District 4)
- North Miami Middle & North Miami Senior High School Alumnus
- Thomas University, Master of Science in Exceptional Student Education/ESOL
- Bachelor of Art in Organizational Leadership/Marketing
- Co-founder of the Haitian American Elected Officials Network
- 2012 Florida Jaycee Outstanding Young Public Service Award recipient
- Who’s Who in Florida under 25 Years Old
- The National Organization for the Advancement of Haitians (NOAH)
- Outstanding Youth Achievement Award, Miami-Dade County
- Outstanding Young Professional Award
- The City of North Miami Close-Up Achievement Award
Associations and Membership
- The 5000 Role Models of Excellence Project
- South Florida’s Chapter of Haitian American Elected Officials
- Operation Green Leaves Project
- North Miami Knights of Columbus
- North Miami Business Advisory Committee
- North Miami Youth Opportunity Board
- Citizens for a Better Government (PAC)
- North Miami Jaycees
- Miami-Dade Democratic Executive Committee
- Big Brother & Big Sister of Dade County
- Miami-Dade PTSA Executive Board, Past Member